Position Summary: First Congregational Church Williamstown is a dynamic, hospitable, family-friendly hub where social justice, contemplation, and the arts intersect. We seek an office administrator to carry out spoken and written communications with the congregation and the community, to manage daily operations of the church office and building, and to provide administrative support to the pastor and church leaders.
Working Relationships: This position requires effective communications and working relationships with church members, building renters, community groups, church staff, and visitors. The individual serves as the public face of the church during office hours, while at the same time carrying out assigned projects. The person reports to the pastor in consultation with the Stewardship Ministry Team.
Hours and Compensation: This position is 25 hours a week, with reduced hours in the summer, and with benefits. Salaried compensation will be in the range of $20,000-$25,000 per year and will depend on skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Proficiency in writing and editing; excellent verbal skills
- Commitment to confidentiality in handling sensitive material and situations
- Flexibility and task-prioritization in context of multiple demands
- Proficiency in Google, Office, Mail Chimp or Constant Contact, and Adobe Suites; familiarity with QuickBooks and financial record-keeping
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training to enhance technical skills
- College degree preferred; church membership not required
- Produce and often create electronic and printed materials in collaboration with pastor, staff, and lay leaders, including weekly worship bulletins, annual report, directories, paid advertising, press releases, flyers, newsletter, etc.
- Distribute church information and news updates via weekly electronic communications, updates to church website, social media and printed material
- Maintain records of church policies, meeting minutes, etc.
Office and Building Use Management
- Serve as administrative liaison for staff, church ministry teams, and community partners
- Welcome and assist church members and visitors while maintaining focus on task completion
- Oversee and manage church building use needs, including scheduling, processing building use requests, planning for events, and maintaining church electronic calendar. Apply relevant church policies.
- Work with the building manager, pastor, congregants, staff, and community members to ensure effective communication and coordination between renters and church teams
- Assist the pastor in all work as requested, including building use logistics, special events and worship services
Applications with resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin June 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. First Congregational Church is an equal opportunity employee.